This group meets monthly during the academic year to discussing strategies, practices, and approaches related to online, blended, and tech-enhanced courses. Attendees ask questions, discuss concerns, and share resources related to their online and blended courses.
Upcoming group meeting can be found here: https://ltcworkshops.org/?event-categories=online-and-blended-teaching-group
September 2015 Meeting: Accessibility
On Friday, September 18 we learned more about and discussed accessibility in technology-enhanced, blended, and online courses! Barb Simon (Accessibility Resource Center, Interim Director) and Jonathan Browskowsi (Accessibility Resource Center, Counselor), gave a short presentation and facilitated a lively discussion that covered the:
ARC and their mission;
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA);
- Students and types of disabilities the ARC works with;
- Academic accommodations you can expect to see at the postsecondary level;
- Student VISA form that instructors receive when students request accommodations; and
- Universal design principles that assist instructors in developing courses for all.
As always, the Accessibility Resource Center (http://uwm.edu/arc/) and the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (http://uwm.edu/cetl/) are committed to helping you address any questions regarding accessibility in your courses. Please contact us if you have any questions and we would be happy to help!